Taught by industry leaders, educational sessions offer instruction in critical components of the real estate industry. Each session is designed to immerse the YPG class in aspects of the business that will provide essential background to their core real estate career objectives. Topics include land planning, development, construction, capital markets, architecture, engineering, asset management and more.
The YPG class receives personal development guidance from a course facilitator and guest instructors. Candidates will examine their personal strengths and areas of opportunity, and learn how to utilize this knowledge to cultivate a culture of success in both personal and professional environments.
Participation in YPG builds a peer group of young executives from a range of real estate disciplines, providing a foundation of likeminded colleagues and access to critical resources that will serve the class throughout their careers.
YPG students gain access to and training by key decision makers in the real estate industry. These “career coaches” serve as role models and mentors, offering invaluable firsthand insight to students for their career growth. In addition, participants receive leadership training that will allow them to develop the key business skills necessary to ascend to leadership positions, not only within their respective firms but within the real estate industry.
The Fine Print
YPG candidates are expected, in addition to the monthly scheduled class sessions (typically 2:00-7:00 p.m.), to devote several hours each month in preparation for case studies and participation in the program; the vast majority of that time is spent outside normal business hours. An initial retreat, which includes an orientation session and a team-building workshop, is held in mid-April and attendance is mandatory.
The application period for the 2020-21 YPG class is now closed.
Each YPG Candidate:
- Must be a professional in the commercial real estate industry and a member in good standing of NAIOP SoCal. Non-members may apply, but must join if accepted to the program.
- Should be 35 years of age or younger as of December 31, 2020
- Must be willing to commit the time, resources and skills required for active involvement in the program including, but not limited to, attendance at all program events. Each candidate must obtain explicit support of their employer for commitment to YPG.
- Must practice high standards of professional and personal integrity.
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities and capabilities, as well as a positive attitude
Requirements for admission include:
- Submission of the YPG application and approval of such by YPG leadership
- Execution of the YPG agreement
- Membership in NAIOP SoCal OR a commitment to join if accepted into the program
- Sponsorship by the member’s supervisor and the respective organization
- Recommendations from two sponsors on candidate’s contribution to the program
- Sponsor company’s commitment of a $1,900 corporate fee for each candidate accepted to the program
- Commitment to the student tuition of $600
- Attendance at the YPG Retreat, a 2 ½ day commitment in April 2020
- Attendance at the monthly educational sessions and networking events that are separate and apart from other NAIOP activities
The application period for the 2020-21 YPG class is now open.
Thanks to Our 2019-20 Sponsors
NAIOP SoCal would like to thank all of the sponsors that make YPG possible.